The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued several instructions within beyond a couple of years to make banking easier and convenient for senior residents. The significant financial institution has instructed banks to offer certain services to senior clients and in a different way abled humans. RBI directed banks to deliver cash withdrawn from your account or call for draft drawn in your account, in case you are a senior citizen
As in keeping with RBI internet site, if you are above 70 years, the bank will set up to have cash or cheque picked from your property towards receipt. It can even supply cash withdrawn from your account or demand draft drawn in your account. The financial institution may also rate you for the carrier, depending on their Board accepted policy; but, banks have additionally been asked to offer sure other facilities to senior citizens free of price. Senior citizen financial institution customers and in another way abled clients may even publish their KYC documents and Life Certificate to the financial institution from their home.
Banks had been recommended to provide these offerings to senior citizens and in another way abled humans:
1. Dedicated Counters: Banks are suggested to offer a virtually identifiable dedicated counter or a counter which presents precedence to senior residents and people who’re in another way abled consisting of visually impaired men and women.
2. Ease of submitting Life Certificate: As in step with extant pointers issued via Department of Government and Bank Accounts, similarly to the ability of Digital Life Certificate under “Jeevan Praman” Scheme, pensioners can put up bodily Life Certificate form at any department of the pension paying bank.
However, it turned into located that often the equal isn’t always up to date directly by using the receiving branch inside the Core Banking Solution (CBS) device of the bank, ensuing in avoidable complication to the pensioners. It is, consequently, counseled that banks shall make certain that once a Life Certificate is submitted in any department, along with a non-domestic branch, of the pension paying bank, the equal is updated/ uploaded promptly in CBS by means of the receiving branch itself, to avoid any postpone in a credit of pension.
3. Cheque Book Facility:
(i) Banks shall difficulty cheque books to clients, on every occasion a request is obtained, thru a requisition slip that’s a part of the cheque e-book issued in advance.
(ii) Banks are counseled to provide a minimal 25 cheque leaves each yr, if requested, within the savings bank account, freed from price.
(iii) Banks shall not insist on the bodily presence of any patron which includes senior residents and in another way abled humans for getting cheque books.
(iv) Banks may problem cheque books, on requisition, by using another mode as according to financial institution’s laid down policy.
It is similarly clarified that offering such facility in BSBDA will now not render the account to be categorized as non-BSBDA.
4. Automatic conversion of a reputation of accounts: Presently, in a few banks, even completely KYC – compliant accounts aren’t routinely transformed into ‘Senior Citizen Accounts’ on the idea of the date of beginning maintained inside the financial institution’s statistics. Banks are counseled that a completely KYC compliant account should robotically be transformed into a ‘Senior Citizen Account’ primarily based on the date of birth available in financial institution’s facts.
Five. Additional Facilities to visually impaired clients: Banks are advised that the centers provided to unwell/antique/incapacitated folks on customer service in banks (concerning operations of bills thru identity of thumb/toe impact/mark by way of unbiased witnesses and authorizing someone who might withdraw the quantity on behalf of such customers) shall also be extended to the visually impaired clients.
6. Ease of submitting Form 15G/H: Banks are cautioned to provide senior residents and in another way, abled persons Form 15G/H as soon as in 12 months (preferably in April) to allow them to submit the equal, wherein relevant, inside the stipulated time.
7. Door Step Banking: In view of the problems confronted by way of senior citizens of extra than 70 years of age and in another way abled or infirm men and women (having medically licensed continual infection or disability) consisting of those who are visually impaired, banks are suggested to make concerted attempt to offer basic banking centers, along with select up of coins and units towards receipt, shipping of coins in opposition to withdrawal from account, transport of demand drafts, submission of Know Your Customer (KYC) files and Life certificates on the premises/ house of such clients.