SCOTTSDALE, Arizona — YouTube’s leader executive apologized on Monday for the hurt she said is caused by films with anti-gay slurs; however, she stated the company became proper to allow the videos to stay on its provider.
In an on-level interview at the tech-targeted Code Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona, CEO Susan Wojcicki spoke publicly for the first time when you consider that YouTube’s final week imposed a stricter ban on hate speech, which includes motion pictures that promote thoughts of racial superiority.
But rather than being lauded for tackling Nazism, Wojcicki changed into met with a barrage of questions about videos she has determined to depart up. The problems induced by journalist Carlos Maza launching a final campaign month to carry interest to homophobic abuse and harassment he says he acquired from a conservative YouTube persona.
Maza stated that he had been the subject of centered harassment for years, including anti-homosexual and anti-Mexican slurs. Several activists lobby to ban YouTube’s parent agency, Google, from the San Francisco Pride march this month over what they see as the service’s inactiveness.