Top questions CRA receives at tax time

by Marie Rodriguez

EVERY year around tax time, Canadians name the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with a spread of questions. See below for our solutions to the top questions asked at tax time. A wide variety of these may be addressed using the CRA’s online offerings, including My Account or the CRA’s cell web apps, MyCRA or MyBenefits CRA.

Top questions

Top questions CRA receives at tax time 3

How do I alternate my address?

You can do it online if registered for My Account, MyCRA, or MyBenefits CRA or by buying us at 1-800-959-8281. You can mail or fax a finished Form RC325, Address Change Request, or a signed letter to your tax center. Your signed letter must include your social insurance quantity, new address, and moving date.

How do I alternate my marital reputation?

You can trade your marital reputation online using the choice “Change my marital repute” through My Account, MyCRA, or MyBenefits CRA by calling us at 1-800-387-1193 or sending a finished RC65 Marital Status Change to your tax center.

What is my stability owing, or what is my refund?

You can discover the amount of your stability owed online by logging into My Account or the MyCRA mobile app. If you have received reimbursement, you may locate the refund information online in My Account or use the MyCRA cellular app, which includes the refund approach (direct deposit or mailed cheque), the date it was sent, and the quantity. You can also call the Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) at 1-800-267-6999 to ask about your refund. TIPS is to be had from mid-February to December 2019.

Related Posts